Friday 17 April 2009

First signs of additives

Little bear's back teeth are coming through. He is poking the back of his mouth, not a happy chap, slightly warm, and the tell tale nappy rash. In two hours it went from normal bottom to a horrible red and sore unhappy place.

Well, Medised is definitely out of bounds now, so I used some Boots Own Strawberry children's painkiller, suitable from 3 months.

I am not used to little bear having tantrums. He will try civil disobedience (he can wriggle better than a boa constrictor with hiccups when I try to wash his face). He will try distraction techniques (look, I know the sign for chair when I am trying to persuade him up for a nappy change). He will try selective deafness (hmm? Sorry, I was so busy with this car, did you say anything?). Yesterday was screaming, crying, looking at his hands in fury (no idea) and general grumpiness. Well, I'm just not used to it.

I decided that it was the additives in the painkiller. So I went with an extremely hyper little bear to the local chemist to get some official calpol. That in itself was a nightmare as the chemist was having a long and involved (and official - can't blame her) conversation on the phone so I couldn't buy the dratted calpol for what seemed like hours and hours and was at least five minutes, and I had my hands full trying to stop little bear dismantling the stand of cut price shampoo. I came home a wreck.

Well, he had calpol last night, and he is hyper this morning. I think it is going to be a very long day.

No comments: