Sunday 25 January 2009

Evil cat and how she is

What an embarrassing lacunae in my posting. Well, I am just going to try and fill it bits and then be a little more dedicated.

I think the first thing is to give an update on evil cat, as she is trying to sit on the keyboard as I type.

She is in the very very very early stages of kidney failure, and thus on a special (expensive) diet. I do trust my vet, they are lovely and are very competent at dealing with over anxious owner syndrome. That means, regrettably, that if they say it is kidney disease, that is what it is. It is sad to see her, however, because she is starting to lose a little weight and she didn't have that much to lose. She is also getting very smelly and her tummy sounds like a special effect sometimes - not what you want when she is trying to sit across your throat.

She is also a little more clingy. What is sad is that she has always slept downstairs, but now she cries in the night - not pain but lonely. I daren't let her up in the night, I need some sleep, but I do feel for her.

She is, regardless of the diet, getting inexpensive dolphin friendly tuna tomorrow. Tonight she was cornered by little bear and he grabbed a handful of fur. Evil cat just cowered, and I wouldn't have blamed her if she had scratched him. Of course I told him off, with the usual effect, and he is usually good, but for an evil cat, she behaved pretty well.

No comments: