Sunday 25 January 2009

Little bear climbs

Little bear is getting far more active. He has just had his second birthday, and aged me several years.

The first I knew that he could climb out of his cot when there was no other furniture around was when I heard him singing to himself one morning, then a thud and an anguished cry. I shot into his room, and really I honestly believe he was more cross than hurt - it shouldn't have happened like that and he wanted to play!

Once we managed to find a gate to go across the oddly shaped door, he was in a bed. Those nights between the mountaineering expedition and the fitting of the gate were dreadful. One or two I actually spent in with him, and the others I was waking up anytime a pin was dropped in the surrounding three miles. Little bear was, of course, fine.

He did manage to get out of the room at one point (I think he climbed over a pile of toys in his play pen before we managed to get the gate on his room fitted) and I found him one floor up, crying because he couldn't work out how to come down.

When I informed dear heart, he went upstairs to check and sure enough there was clear evidence that little bear had had a good play in the top bedroom. What I hadn't realised was that he had also completely trashed the spare bedroom also. Thank goodness he avoided the bathroom.

He also regularly climbs up the north face of his high chair, up onto the backs of chairs, up onto the tv unit... I was told that when he had his first big bump he would learn a little caution. He hasn't.

No comments: