Tuesday 3 February 2009

Bought wipes

I am ashamed to confess but I bought some wipes, marketed as being for cleaning the inside of fridges and microwaves. I ought to be ashamed of myself - they cost two pence each! However, the deed was done and I did a quick wipe at the microwave while I was waiting for the kettle to boil. I checked to see if it needed to be rinsed before microwaving some sausages and pasta for little bear.

Now, I am aware that there are some very silly people out there, but surely there does not need to be a warning on a packet of microwave wipes that they should not be used as baby wipes. I mean, really! Who would use cleaning wipes on a defenceless child? Apart from anything else, baby wipes are considerably cheaper.

I wondered what else was on the pack. Well, there was a sell by date. Why? Why on earth have a sell by date on cleaning products? Surely a packet labelled antibacterial isn't going to go off like cheese. I mean, given that there is scent and antibacterial oojamaflips, perhaps a 'use within x of opening' I could understand. Anyway, the sell by date has long since gone - I even bought it after the sell by date had expired. I am confident that it will not break the microwave.

1 comment:

Tryingmybest said...

Don't feel too bad about buying the wipes. My friend says they're still cheaper than paying a cleaner....