Monday 9 February 2009

Little Bear's cold continues

It is so ridiculous. I know he has just got a mild cold. However I am fussing myself over it.

Little bear doesn't want to eat. Yesterday he hardly ate two mouthfuls together, until tea time, when he refused his carrots (which he normally devours) and his M&S chicken & leek pie (absolutely delicious - thank you dear heart for getting it) but ate all of his mashed potato and a large part of mine. This morning he was happy to take in his milk, but refused toast (normally his favourite) with a polite shake of the head and a gorgeous smile.

Sleep is also becoming an issue. As he is now two, I don't feel that I ought to keep running up and down stairs - after the bed time routine, as long as he is well, I think he should stay there. Well, last night he had his routine, then I put him to bed and as usual, after we left, he started to play. When he bumped himself I shot upstairs and he got a big cuddle. The trouble was, he didn't want to see the cuddle end, so he cried when I left him.

It was awful. I knew that there was nothing wrong, and that if I went up I would only be hindering his sleep, but it was awful for the few minutes he cried. And what was worse, he went to sleep at the stair gate with his head on his teddy. Dear heart carried him to bed.

I think that I will be having my hands full today. He is still not his normal self, and yesterday he was relentlessly into mischief, so I shall wait and see.

No comments: