Wednesday 18 February 2009

Intellectual pursuits

Little bear is still not talking, although in a single instance he said 'egg' and he has growled like a tiger and hissed like a snake - all after watching 'Something Special' on Ceebeebies.

As a concerned parent I immediately ordered a copy of 'Something Special - My Favourite Things' and also a set of dvds by the same presenter - Justin Fletcher. They came today (with a signed photo, which I plan to frame!)

So, little bear went to bed, and me and dear heart put in the first of the dvds (really far too young for little bear). We were just checking it out. Honest.

At 9.45 pm two adults were sitting, watching a dvd for 6months + and commenting on what was happening. Actually, I am confident that there was nothing else on TV that I wanted to watch, but really!

I found myself saying to evil cat (lying across my throat), 'Look! It's a frog!' She treated this with the contempt it deserved, with a flick of the ears and a lash of the tail.

And I have found myself speculating about Ceebeebies characters' love lives. I am quite concerned about this and feel that I need to get out in the fresh air more.

1 comment:

Hard up Hester said...

Oh Sybil, I laughed so much at this, I used to talk to my cat too & she always looked at me with complete scorn.