Wednesday 18 February 2009

Evil Cat and her health

Evil cat was manhandled to the vet this weekend. Poor vet.

It was the 'young vet' who saw her, the one who was the 'young vet' at the practice when dear heart took his first pet over thirty years ago. He shows no mercy and tolerate no nonsense, though he does get a sneaky cuddle of evil cat in while he examines her.

Evil cat will still not co-operate with a urine sample, which is a bit of a blow considering that she has kidney problems, and the vet has to stick a needle in her to check it. Personally, I would just piddle but she seems to have a strong objection.

Well, the prescription diet is working, she has gained a small amount of weight (I don't know how, she isn't exactly stuffing her furry face) and her urine is 'better'. I don't think I want to share details. She is still her usual self, parked across my throat or on the mouse, being cross because I am not co-operating. Cat fur is still being shed in industrial quantities and yet her fur is as dense as ever.

So today we had a delivery of her special cat food. I hope it lasts around three months, as there are boxes of pouches and tins galore. It actually is not that expensive, and she is (probably) worth it.

The box was far too heavy so I opened it to lug the contents to the kitchen. Now, the service from the people doing the food was excellent and I was quite pleased that they had re-used scrap paper by shredding it and using it as packing material. Which rapidly escaped. Helped by little bear. I'll write about that in a different post.

So evil cat had the first of the small tins. She stuffed her face and her ears were really pointed so I think that was a hit. Fingers crossed she keeps enjoying it.

No comments: