Wednesday 4 February 2009

Worrying about evil cat

Evil cat is not a well kitten. The vet has pronounced early stage kidney disease, we are feeding her a special diet. Actually what happens is that we put down the special diet, she takes two mouthfuls, walks away and then complains with unrelenting insistence until fresh is put down.

But she is losing weight. She has never been that substantial, just a bad attitude in a fur coat really. Now she is starting to look really slim.

I don't have the heart to make all the jokes about wishing I was losing weight. Tonight she actually came into little bear's room and she slipped through the bars of the shut safety gate. In fact, I watched her slip through the narrowest part of the safety gate on her way out. She has never been a chunky cat. In fact, she is quite petite, although her attitude is as butch as a bulldog.

I have decided not to take her to the vet this weekend, as she does not seem to be in any distress and she is still functioning quite well. She was lively enough this afternoon when she was wanting more food. There is so much weather about and a trip to the vets with evil cat is not to be undertaken lightly. However tomorrow I plan to ring up and get an appointment for next weekend. I think that is the longest I want to put it off. Of course, if she seems distressed before then we will take her in earlier.

It was awful last time she needed a sedated examination. The vet called dear heart to come and get her as evil cat was getting distressed, and he couldn't make it. However she needs a sedated examination to get a urine sample - honestly, it would be so much easier if she just piddled!

She is making the mouse unavailable as I type - she believes she has right of way on the computer desk and I have never managed to convince her otherwise, but I do believe she is a little more clingy than before. She is sitting there, ears half akimbo and vibrating with a purr. She is so beautiful. I hope that the vet can reassure us that she is not in pain and that she will soon pick up.

No comments: