Thursday 12 February 2009

Little Bear and Nap Time AGAIN

Little bear still needs his afternoon naps, he is shattered by about 4pm. Really he should try and get a nap around 2pm, but the weather has not been conducive to taking him out in the morning to tire him out.

Well, today has been no exception. I left him playing in the living room while I did some cooking, then I had a great cuddle and tickle with him and then, as he was leaning against me in a very sleepy way, took him upstairs for a nap.

Well, he had a play, he had a giggle (he makes up his own jokes) and I could hear what sounded like serious construction work. Then he started grumbling. I didn't take much notice, he didn't sound in distress and it sounded like a pre-nap grumble.

About ten minutes into his nap I HAD to go to the bathroom. So I took off my shoes and tiptoed upstairs. The maracas he uses to wake me up (so much more effective when banged against a metal safety gate) was lying on the landing out of his reach, so he had been upset that he couldn't reach his toy. Also he was asleep - but lying against the safety gate with his head on his teddy.

Of course I felt like a bad mother.

And as I tiptoed past he sighed but didn't stir. I decided against doing anything to risk moving him, as he was shattered, but now I am not sure whether to wake him for a tea time or what...

All this angst over a nap!

No comments: