Saturday 14 February 2009

Another Saturday of viewings

House hunting happened at us today. It is my own fault, I was talked into it...

You see, I saw one house that was a plausible house, so I rang up to make an appointment and was talked into seeing two other houses.

The first one, well, it was one of those woolly and hard to put the finger on things, but it just wasn't quite for us. I can't explain it.

The second one was absolutely gorgeous, although you did have to go past a really bad looking place to get to it. It had been relentlessly extended and improved. As I said when the appointment was made, it was a little over our (small) budget, but the gentleman on the phone assured me that it was the time to be making offers. However the lady there (who was lovely) divulged that she was not only not prepared to drop her price any further but also she was in no hurry to sell.

The third one we didn't go into. It did sound like there was a pack of rabid dogs in the back yard, but the big drawback, which had not been apparent in the pictures, were steps that would have been suitable on the Matterhorn. I could never have coped with the steps, it would certainly needed more muscular arms than mine to drag a pushchair up the long and winding steps.

There is another house to see next week. I am not looking forward to that either.

2 comments:

Hard up Hester said...

Oh how well I remember the days of househunting when the children were smaller. With 4 children we wanted a 5 bed house & despite me explaining regularly that the youngest child was 9 they would insist on showing us houses where the smallest bedroom wasn't big enough to get a bed in!

Wannabe Sybil said...

Absolutely! At least with Rightmove you can rule out some houses, but estate agents are so 'creative'.

And as we are trying to move closer to dear heart's work so he doesn't have to drive ten miles each way every day, on A roads, you can imagine the trundling out and back with little bear. All to see a house which they promised would be just right...