Wednesday 4 February 2009

Backache

I've hurt my back. Many years ago I tore a muscle when I leant over to clean a bath. It just shows that housework can be bad for your health.

It rather passed into legend with dear heart because for a simple muscle problem it caused a lot of problems. It was initially diagnosed as a kidney problem, so I was in agony for ages. Perhaps because of that it does flare up again occasionally.

So now I have a bad back, which currently hurts intensely at any activity like brushing snow off a pavement. Or putting groceries away. Or washing up. Or getting washing out of the washing machine.

Little bear was outraged about fifteen minutes after I left him to go to sleep - he had pulled the top off the night time bottle (he saves some for later) and it was all over him and the sheet. I would swear there was less than an ounce when I left him with the bottle - but it spread! I have no idea how I managed to do all the stretching and bending to change the sheet. I am now officially in pain.

And the really horrible thing about it isn't the pain - yes it hurts but it is just physical pain. What is driving me dotty is that now that my happy pills are working properly I want to start doing stuff, and I can't. Grrrr.

No comments: