Monday 7 June 2010

Catering

Darling father is not used to the way catering works in this house. He very helpfully offered to bring something in for dinner yesterday.

For him, OH, little bear and myself he brought in two pounds of thin sausages, three venison burgers that felt like terracotta through the plastic and a very small piece of lamb fillet.

The sausages were very tasty for Saturday tea, the remains likely to be my lunch tomorrow. The burgers were pleasant for Sunday dinner, but OH didn't have any as he had already eaten and little bear was on hunger strike for chocolate. The fillet will be done tomorrow for tea, when darling father has gone home. We had a takeaway tonight.

But it had me all off with how I was going to cook things and in what order. I hope the fillet is okay, it has been in the fridge but I am not sure about the butcher. Still, at least it wasn't in the pub with darling father for a few hours, he came straight home.

2 comments:

Ian said...

Does Darling Father still like his steak hard enough to knock nails into the wall with? I've nearly lost teeth to his steak.

Wannabe Sybil said...

You can tell when darling father cooks meat from the smoke signals. And he likes it with extra lard. And chocolate in large quantities is good for little bear...

Sigh WS x