Monday 21 June 2010

Little bear visited Wales

We went to visit my uncle in Wales on Sunday. It was glorious. Present were my darling uncle (with a birthday soon, so all his goodies), OH and darling father (lots of father's day goodies), two darling brothers, a friend of one of the darling brothers, little bear, a young teenage girl who is a friend of darling uncle and myself.

It was marvellous. It was fantastic weather, we had a barbecue, it was peaceful in the garden, little bear was mightily indulged but did quite well on the behaviour stakes, I am working on 'please' and 'thank you' a lot.

There was also a dog belonging to a friend of one of my brothers, which I shall call, for the purposes of the blog, mooching hound. It is the size of a smallish labrador and allegedly crossed with an elkhound (most of us were betting fox hound) and he was lovely. He roamed around for tidbits, got into trouble for stealing when he ran off with a piece of rib and refused to be caught, allowed little bear to stroke him, played football and endlessly sat patiently and mournfully in front of anyone who was eating.

Ian who sometimes posts comments made the (really delicious) birthday cake and it was a wonderful time.

I did have a few heart in mouth moments. Darling father may be approaching 80 at speed but he can still do a creditable slide to the ground (last competitive football match at age 50). And little bear took the fence with the neighbouring property as a challenge and just tried to climb a fence which is uprights with an upper and a lower cross bit and is taller than him - he didn't flinch. When we tried to stop him he said, 'I good at this.'

Today his exhaustion is showing, but he had a marvellous time. Actually I think it could possibly apply to all attendees. I can't wait for the next time.

1 comment:

Ian said...

The recipe for the fruitcake is here:

http://www.cookitsimply.com/recipe-0010-015w368.html

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. It was a lovely day and Dear Uncle had a wonderful time spoiling LB.