Monday 14 June 2010

Hairy MacLary

Hairy MacLary was recommended by the wonderful lady at the newsagents.

(who is absolutely a star and I don't know how she manages!)

I was in the Post Office returning a torn Hairy MacLary to ebay, and I was explaining to the lady behind the counter about the book. Before I know it a lady in the next queue joins in, 'Hercules Mores, big as a horse, Bottomly Potts, covered in spots...' She had last read them 19 years before, but they had never left her. They rock! And I took a stash of new ones away with me on holiday to help keep little bear amused.

I have managed to convince little bear that the big, black, depressed tom next door is Scarface Claw, the toughest tom in town. Little bear is enchanted by the idea.

Now I am off to research Katie Morag...

2 comments:

Hard up Hester said...

I can still recite the Hungry Caterpiller & My cat likes to hide in boxes, from when mine were little

Morag said...

....wicked witch over the wood, I spy Robin Hood..... Just worked out how to 'follow' as you mentioned my name! Still loving your book and blog and so glad the WS ID was not banned from MSE too.