Friday 4 June 2010

Holiday

I pulled a muscle in my back on holiday on the first day - cleaning the cottage so the owner could show prospective buyers around while we were out. Pain continues.

I had an explosive tummy on Monday.

Any attempt to try and keep some sort of check on food buying in a realistic way was foiled by darling father, who always decided that we were going to have something else.

All nights were broken - I shared a bed with little bear and the most memorable night was when I tried to turn over and found him stretched out across the foot of the bed. No idea. He did kick me black and blue.

We had an open fire going every night and the fumes have left me with a hacking cough. My nose has at least stopped running since we left the house.

Little bear ate his own body weight in sugar.

Darling father is exhausted and walking with a stick. He went missing in Flamingo Land.

There were good bits, which will surface later. At the moment I am exhausted, lonely, lost and wondering what to do for the best. I am going to crawl off to bed (all by myself!) and concentrate on the positive.

3 comments:

Hard up Hester said...

I hope things improve for you soon

Wannabe Sybil said...

If I was less of a drama queen then my life would be significantly easier. And the events in Cumbria are real and I am just upset.

And little bear is still gorgeous and gives great cuddles, I am not so bad.

Thank you for the hug as it has really helped. WS x

Morgan said...

Hugs and best wishes for speedy recovery from all the aches and pains! Glad to hear that there were good bits to the holiday - I hope the good outweighed the less good!