Thursday 5 March 2009

Fire Guards and safety

Yesterday little bear demonstrated a new trick - standing on top of the fire guard. The first I saw was coming upstairs with toast and finding him unpacking the mantelpiece. Eeeeeek!! Well, I grabbed him and put him firmly on the carpet.

Then he was back up when I went to get juice, or when I went to start tea...

Dear heart had a good look at the fire guard and actually lowered the flap at the top, so he couldn't stand on it. I sighed with relief.

However...

Today I nipped into the next room to take some paracetamol and when I came back he had lifted the flap again and was standing on it, trying to get into the clock. It didn't even have the proper supports this time! I removed him firmly to his room, where he is currently not going to sleep.

I think I need to keep little bear a bit more occupied.

No comments: