Tuesday 31 March 2009

Little bear is Mr Mischief

I feel almost like I have nearly got very close to flu. So little bear has not been out again. As he has been showing all the signs of being tired, I have not felt too guilty. However part of the problem with little bear is that when he is tired, he goes to turbo. He doesn't shout, cry or get cross. He speeds up and loses concentration.

So, after a morning where I have done my best to be a good mum, but really have not been up to the stimulating talking, I packed him off to his room. It was time for his nap, he looked tired, I felt like hell, sounds about right.

Little bear didn't want to be upstairs. Little bear wanted to play downstairs. But being him, he didn't throw a tantrum or scream or cry, he just 'investigated'.

I heard the usual sounds of toy cars, singing, pages being turned and then some other noises. The noises sounded really unfamiliar and had a furniture feel about them. After the episode with the chest of drawers I did not feel I could ignore these, so I went upstairs.

In the corner of the room is a wardrobe. I assumed that little bear couldn't get into it as he hadn't so far. It is tucked away behind things and has stuff in that little bear needs to grow into in it. When I got up there it turns out that there were also some shoes and bags in the bottom as a relic of when I used the wardrobe.

Little bear trotted up to the gate happily brandishing my last decent pair of stilettos. 'Ooo' he said, proudly.
'Yes, shoe,' I said in a rabbit-in-the-headlights sort of way.

Well, all the sheets, duvet, pillows and toys had been stripped from the bed. Dust was settling everywhere. A poly sling from my first dislocated shoulder was crumbling on the mattress. Little bear indicated the bag slung around his neck. 'Bahhhhghhh' he said.
'Yes, bag'. The bag in question was faded and would not have reached 99p on ebay, but my darling uncle brought it back from South America nearly forty years ago. Little bear thought it was marvellous, with all the lovely patterns on it. He did not want to part with it, it was his, thank you, so much mother, from his wardrobe. It is a lovely soft woven bag and the soft tassels were obviously an attraction. Little bear loves the bag, it is lovely and soft around his neck, only slightly faded from the lovely bright colours and you obviously can put interesting things in it. He resisted bitterly my attempts to remove it but I perservered and stashed it across the landing out of sight.

The bag is currently hidden, but how long I will be able to hang onto it for is anyone's guess.

No comments: