Thursday 5 March 2009

Lollipop for little bear

We were waiting patiently for my prescription in the chemist. We know the lady there - I've been going there since before little bear was born and she has a soft spot for little ones.

Today little bear looked tired and was not smiling. "He never smiles," the lady said. I think about it - he is a little giggler for me sometimes but today he was looking particularly solemn. So the poor deprived child was bought a lollipop by the nice lady.

This was little bear's first lollipop. Of course he has had lots of other sweets but I am a little wary about these. Little bear loved it. He tasted it first, then frowned like a wine taster with an unfamiliar vintage, then stuck the whole lollipop into his mouth. There was still no smile, but a lot of concentration.

I am still unconvinced he never smiles for her, he is in general a happy child, but she must just see him being chilled. I shall have to make sure I tickle him next time we see her, just so she knows that he is a happy chap (generally).

No comments: