Tuesday 1 October 2013

Having a complain

After a school holiday with a little too much stress in, I decided to start the new term with vigour and get going on the house.  It still looks like a condemned area but gradually, inch by inch it is getting better and I am cautiously optimistic.  The house didn't get this way in a day, it won't get cleaned in a day but I am hopeful.

The first full week bear was back at school I was really poorly.  Monday was effectively written off and I didn't get much else done for the rest of the week, at least not as much as I had hoped - maybe a bin bag a day.  The second full week bear was poorly, he had to have a day off school and he was definitely under the weather all week.  This is the third full week.  Yesterday was rather written off with getting father into hospital.  Yesterday evening I warned DH that it was seriously not his turn.  'Well, actually...' he said.  I suspect from his symptoms he has a kidney infection, along with a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning.  I rang in for him, among all the other phone calls.

I know I have to get cracking as there will be visits from Occupational Therapists and all sorts, and the hospital will be discharging him soon, also the ladies from the local church will visit and they are demon housekeepers.  I have spent most of the morning on the phone or sorting out bits on the computer, including replacing a dehumidifier which has finally died, but it is the nearest one to the washing.  I have suspected it needed replacing for some time, it is a lot older than bear, so it isn't really a surprise.  Just irritation at the timing.  So much for avoiding spending this month.  We have already lost the payment on the hotel where we were supposed to be staying this weekend.

Then darling uncle managed to get through between all the other calls, and told me to order another grocery delivery for him.  He has it set up on his own computer, but he won't do it himself.  He refuses.  He is also convinced he has a power of attorney set up.  He hasn't.  Another item for the to do list.  I am considering getting one set up for myself soon.  You never know what will happen.  It makes sense to ensure people who know you and have your interests at heart will be able to make important decisions on your behalf.

Father is likely to be discharged in the next day or two, and I know I will be busy for a bit then.  It also sounds like he is getting a bit confused about some stuff, which isn't like him.  He is sometimes a bit vague due to whisky, but not easily confused.  It may be because he is tired.

There is always a bright side though.  Bear was in a very cuddly mood this morning and we had lots of giggles as he got ready for school.  So I need to snap out of this pity party and get on with it.  Off to research stair lifts.

No comments: