Wednesday 9 October 2013

Ticking over

I don't really have anything to write.  Uncle is driving me mad by doing all he can to engineer situations where people need to come running.  Father is out and about and won't slow down.  He is a lot better now but gets very, very tired.  DH is stressed at work.  Bear is very bear.

So all very normal.

The highlight of the week so far was getting two meals for 4 from a ham shank that cost £2.89.  It is a highlight, but not that interesting.  Most of the people reading this can do far better.

Now the weather is closing in and bear refused to wear a jumper to school as he 'didn't like the way it felt on his arms'.  As he had no problems with the fancy red cardigan he was wearing at the weekend that is exactly the same knit I am not as sympathetic as I could be.  He has also chewed off the top of his brand new and actually quite expensive drinks bottle.  After a morning of negotiations bear went in without a jumper but with a warm coat and I explained to the teacher that it wasn't parental neglect, honest!

I am now bracing myself for the Battle of the Vest.

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Er, no, I definitely couldn't do any better! Well done you. Lesley