Wednesday 29 October 2008

Deliveries

I had a phone call. 'Hello, Sainsburys Deliveries, I can't find your house.' This is unfortunately a common happening. (I wish I could spell occurance occurence occurence ocurance you know!) I asked where he was. 'Outside the funeral parlour'. That was actually at one end of our road. I explained tactfully, and the poor delivery driver manoeuvred past four cars, a camper van, a small towing caravan and a very large trailer to come to a stop next to a large pile of tyres. All of these moved in with the people next door, and as they are lovely neighbours I really can't complain. At least the winnebago (elderly and burned out) has mostly been removed, a few pieces remaining in a heap.

To make matters worse, the Delivery man was followed by a large white van delivering a gear box to the gentleman next door. He had to squeeze out past two of those people carrier things, both of which with their licence plates removed and both also the property of the gentleman next door unless anyone in an official capacity asks.

But I still would not swap my next door neighbours. Their generosity and kindness should be a proverb.

No comments: