Tuesday 28 October 2008

First Post! A formal introduction

I feel like I have just started a new school or job - I am starting a blog and it is such a great leap into the unknown.

As Lady Deirdre Waggoner would say, it is best to start with a clear, firm introduction. I am Wannabe Sybil. I aspire to the character and attitude of Lady Sybil Ramkin from Terry Pratchett's Discworld books. I would also like to aspire to her financial situation but I am much nearer the financial situation of Sam Vimes in 'Guards Guards' and it is character that counts.

I have a little boy, which I refer to as little bear, who I absolutely adore. He is twenty two months now, and toddling.

I am also married to dear heart, who works very hard and can usually cope with my scatty ideas.

I also share the house with evil cat, who is a small tabby that is more like 'Wannabe Greebo' except evil cat is a neutered female. Attitude is all.

I hope that this blog will be worth reading. Thank you for your time, it has been a pleasure meeting you.

4 comments:

Hard up Hester said...

Hi Sybil
Well done on starting your blog, I'm all agog to read more.
Hester

Kathy said...

Great first post, Sybil. Will look forward to more!

Kathy (Mioliere on MSE)

sistercas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sistercas said...

excellent Sybil i shall look forward to reading more