Thursday 30 October 2008

A wonderful evening

I have just had a most lovely evening.

Little bear was playing happily when dear heart came home. The stew I made was absolutely gorgeous, and was brilliant with baked potatoes. The home made bread was also extremely pleasant. Little bear played nicely after tea, then we took him upstairs and he was really good as we got ready for bed. As soon as dear heart had done his duty as Reader of the Bedtime Story little bear went into his cot and made no fuss at all.

Afterwards we sat in the living room with nice, calm music playing. Dear heart was working on his computer and I was knitting and enjoying it. I feel so at peace.

Little bear is getting more of a Mr Mischief. This morning I cleared all the blocks, bricks and hard toys out of his playpen and into a large plastic box which I placed next to the playpen. Little bear's playpen is large with a padded base and lots of soft toys, blankets, and I regularly drag out bits of book and socks. He had shown all the signs of needing a nap, so I put him in his playpen and left him. He had about fifteen minutes or so and then seemed to engage in serious demolition work. When I decided enough was enough and went up he had brought the very large box into the playpen, emptied the toys all over the base of the playpen and climbed into the box. When I came into the room I got 'the look' as if to say, 'what?' This afternoon, after a much more prolonged nap I popped in and he was down to his nappy, his clothes next to him. Also next to him was the box which I had taken out again but this time filled with the toys that I had left in the playpen. Again I got 'the look'. I can't wait to work out what he thinks he is doing, but he seems much more orderly than I ever will be.

No comments: