Wednesday 29 October 2008

Well, I am sitting here, waiting for the Sainsburys delivery. Evil cat keeps trying to sit on the keyboard.

There is a friend of the man next door who seems to be sweet on me - he always smiles, gave me his number (which I quickly 'lost') and generally likes to chat. Now, I don't want to appear rude, and I don't want to appear as a snob or unpleasant, but I do feel a little uncomfortable with him. He also looks like someone who is shown on Crimewatch which is a little unfortunate because it is wrong to judge by appearances. And when Sainsburys deliver he will be able to have a nice chat. I am a little fed up about that. Fortunately it is a little order so I won't be out long.

That is the thing with Sainsburys orders. You can't see how much space it is going to take up in the cupboards. I have been going into the advanced mathematics of it. If I order more that £40 on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday I save £2.50 on the delivery charge, and if I order more than £100 then delivery is free! But if my order comes to £32.73 plus £6 delivery, then I really need to avoid buying 'stuff' to make it up. £6 is the cost of two local day riders, and I get more delivered than I could carry in two days of bus journey and without the absolute trauma of getting little bear and his pushchair on and off buses. And if I order once a week or once a fortnight then the advance logistics of finding fresh fruit and vegetables within reasonable travelling distance and with respect to little bear's tolerance for shopping, wind, hail, rain and snow, are made a lot easier.

Now all I need to do is find something constructive to do with all the time I am saving.

No comments: