Thursday 13 May 2010

Busy morning

Today I have lost count of the amount of washing I have done, but the washer has gone non stop for the entire day, since 8am. Most of it has been line dried but I don't think that the rain will hold off much longer.

Then we played in the garden. Darling father is clearing more and more of the garden - little bear loves helping so Uncle Ian, you can indulge him if you like! Little bear had fun on his scoot along and helped darling father plant some tomatoes. We had icecreams sitting on the step, in a rare moment of sun.

Little bear learned how to shred paper. He shredded and shredded and shredded and shredded.

Lunch was 'eggs' which is a sort of omelet type thing from a sort of cheap gadget. I put spring onions in.

Then darling father and little bear both went for a nap. I put in a breast of lamb to the slow cooker with carrots, onion, celery and barley. I plan to chill this overnight to get rid of the fat, not quite sure what to do about the scum already rising I think i shall try skimming at the end. I have also peeled the carrots, potatoes and mushrooms for tonight, darling father bought sirloin from the Market. I have reservations re the meat, but we shall see.

Now I am going to dig out all the old stuff that needs shredding now that little bear is in the mood, and find a good place to hide the shredder afterwards because little bear is VERY enthusiastic about it.

No comments: