Tuesday 16 March 2010

Friday little bear was still peaky but bouncing off the walls, so we went to the local museum, where there is a stuffed panda. Little bear was well behaved on the bus, and okay in the cafe (two jellies!) but started getting giddy when we saw the mummy and was extremely giddy when we found the children's play area.

I took him into the shop to get a treat, looking really for something for dear heart. He decided he wanted a pen, but then refused to pay for it. I have never been so mortified in my life, I was hobbling up and down the stairs, which are lovely and sweeping as the museum is a former theatre. It took me nearly half an hour to get little bear to pay for the dratted pen, he was just being defiant. I can take some consolation that he only behaves so appallingly when he is poorly, and he is still looking v peaky.

Yesterday as I took a bin out to the bin little bear zipped pasteme and shot down the street. When I finally caught up with him and firmly insisted that he came home the tried to bite a chunk out of my hand! Mr Nice Next Door was shocked as he has never seen little bear behave like this. I just hope little bear feels better soon!

If you add to the extreme giddiness on Sunday when he ended up in his room for outright defiance, I think he has a long way to go before his next reward from the chart.

2 comments:

ravylesley said...

Sybil if its any consolation I have four tinies and they've all gone through the not wanting to pay stage and I found the best method to end it is to put the item back on the shelf and leave the shop without getting anything.My tinies have screamed blue murder when I've done this but its always worked and they learned their lesson and never repeated their bad behaviour at the tills again

Lesleyxx

Wannabe Sybil said...

I would definitely have done this... except I couldn't catch him. And by the time we got to the till he had dismantled part of the pen, as I was not going to allow it because of his bad behaviour.

Thank you for the hug - I feel at the end of my tether. I have just dragged little bear physically away from some toys that he wanted and I wasn't allowing in Matalan. Can't wait for this phase to pass.

WS x