Thursday 4 March 2010

Why oh why

There is some deep, desperate compulsion to always double up a recipe. I can't help it - even if I am doing it for the first time.

Today I had my first (and probably last) attempt at Nigella's damp chocolate loaf cake. I doubled it up - one for us and one for dear heart at work.

I do not recommend trying to cream together 750g of dark muscavado sugar with 450g of butter, no matter how softened. I am insane to try.

I have decided that I will not do this again without proper equipment. This includes a dishwasher.

2 comments:

Sue @ Smiffy's Blog said...

One for dear hearts work...who you kidding Misses! Would it have lasted the night I wonder ! Sue x

Wannabe Sybil said...

Honest - dear heart takes home made cakes to work, to the delight of his work comrades. I get requests, not for specific cakes but just for 'home made'. I find it extremely baffling as the cakes I am sending in (apart from this last batch) are desperately easy. It is lovely and flattering though! WS x