Wednesday 3 March 2010

Worried about little bear

Poor child - the state of his bottom will be kept for posterity. (or as long as these blogs stay up).

Little bear is very bad. He is so sore and he is screaming when I change him. The drs appointment is tomorrow morning. The nursery staff have been very concerned and mentioned it to me very emphatically.

Today I think illustrates the problem. The molar is still coming through. He is obviously suffering from that. Thus I want to give him some baby nurofen to try and at least calm the temperature. This is bound to take the sting out of the nappy rash as well. I managed to coax him to take one quarter of a dose of baby nurofen, he was retching as I gave it to him. My brother was doing his best to help, but little bear was not convinced. Later nursery managed to give him another half dose. They emphasised how much he had cried when he was changed. I was devastated.

I am hoping that the doctor will help. When little bear was born they were quite strict that I should NOT take him in to a doctor for nappy rash, but I am doing everything I can think of and getting nowhere. The nursery are also stuck. It is a doctor I haven't seen before. I hope that they are sympathetic to little bear and that they can suggest what on earth I can do to get little bear to take medicine.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Poor LB must be suffering. Sudocrem worked wonders on my two but I know you have tried that. One of my girls' godmothers used to do something with raw egg white - painting it on, I believe, and leaving the nappy off whilst it dried. Worked on her daughter all those years ago, so there might be something in it. I know that you get to the stage sometimes where their pain is so great that you will try anything.
Good luck with the doctor!

Wannabe Sybil said...

Thank you for this big hug - it is really needed. WS x