Wednesday 17 March 2010

Mr S delivers

Mr S's delivery was a later one than normal, due to getting appts with speech therapists through the post. I eventually cancelled it as little bear was too poorly, but it was too late to go back to my normal afternoon slot.

Perhaps that set the tone. First of all my payment didn't go through. That was my fault. I had enough to cover it in my a/c, but just to be safe I transferred some money in to cover the charge. Except in a moment of heightened dippyness I transferred the amount out instead. The person who rang me to try and sort it out was very patient with me.

Then they were late. We got a frantic call through from the driver about ten minutes before the end of his slot. He hadn't realised no-one had called us to let us know he was running late. Of course I wasn't too fussed. I allow a margin for error anyway, because stuff happens. It was good of them to call, I got a £10 voucher and they were a whole twenty minutes late. The driver looked so stressed, but was as happy as ever to help out. I had another dippy moment as I thought that there was more being delivered, but there wasn't. We had missed out on the bargain whiskey for darling father as well. Darn.

And then it turned out that they had charged the full price on an item that was on offer at half price. It was a HUGE joint of bacon, that should have been over £20, but at half price I considered a worthwhile investment. However while it was still good value at full price, I would certainly not have bought it. So I rang Mr S (on the Freephone number) and got an e-voucher for the difference within minutes. After speaking to a pleasant, competent man who joked about St Patrick's day.

I consider the service from Sainsbury's excellent. All the stuff that happened was just life, they kept me informed, they were pleasant. I am certainly planning on sticking with them.

No comments: