Thursday 8 July 2010

Book storage

Little bear has a quantity of books. At the moment there are three storage places. The first is a little shelf and a half bookcase. The second is a selection of plastic boxes (books stored upright to be flicked through). The third is a thingy from Argos with the books on end facing forward.

They are completely inadequate.

Actually at the moment there are still a lot on the floor and I just pick up a few extra each visit, as does OH, who cleared loads last night.

What I need to do is wait until little bear isn't looking and get rid of the books aimed at younger ones. He doesn't really need 'where's my lion'. He needs less books.

Especially as he gets bought books by the tonne by all relatives!

3 comments:

Morgan said...

Less is definitely more in this case!

Ian said...

The trouble is, he does come from a family that collectively is pretty much unable to walk past a bookshop of any kind, whether it's the Works or that fascinating second-hand bookshop tucked down a back street in Charing Cross.

I even spend time scouring the shelves at Asda and goodness knows, the quality of literature on those shelves is scant, to say the least.

Morgan said...

We are just the same and I always check out the special offers in Tesco and Sainsbury - you just never know!! I have never been to Hay on Wye and I know why (pardon the pun!). I'm rarely allowed into Cambridge or anywhere with a big bookshop - heaven forbid I get near Waterstone's, Borders, Smiths or Heffers. I make do with Amazon, which isn't quite as good as you can't see the books lined up on the shelves for browsing in quite the same way....