Saturday 17 July 2010

Evil cat is getting scruffy

I need to keep a close eye on evil cat, I think. Actually I don't think I have much choice, as last night I was knitting a ruffle scarf and increasing to four hundred stitches, and she wouldn't move. She was firmly dug in across my chest and I was holding the dratted scarf out at arms length. She is trying to sit on the mouse as I speak.

However as I was cuddling her, I found some dried food near her mouth, which has never happened before, and her fur is getting a bit dry. Normally her fur is absolutely fabulous and completely wasted on a tabby with (I suspect) gender issues. Gender issues aside, she has always been very clean with the softest fur ever.

There is nothing I can put my finger on, I suspect that it is a sign of age, but I shall pay a little more attention. Though fortunately at the moment she is eating and drinking well, so that is something.


Re gender issues - when we first got her we were convinced that she was a tom because she was so relentless and was always playing with our poor old tom cat, whether he liked it or not! It was only at the vets that we found that she was a ladee and we were very grateful that we had given her a gender neutral name. She never poses or does the 'look at me, I'm beautiful' thing that so many lady cats to, and she will just leave her tail dangling rather than tucking it round her paws. She only curls her tail in when she is more confused than normal.

No comments: