Tuesday 6 July 2010

I am not a good mother sometimes

Last night I was up a little late, finished Chapter Eighteen, and I was exhausted. I staggered upstairs, looked in on little bear and nearly just went straight to bed. Little bear had found every single book in his room - easily over one hundred - and piled them onto his bed. He was stretched out on the floor and deep, deep, deep asleep.

I really didn't want to face it, but I did. I tiptoed in, and little bear just about surfaced and stood next to me, nine tenths asleep, as I excavated the bed. He grabbed hold of Ratatouille as it was cleared of books and held on for dear life. I just threw all the books off. Then as soon as enough space was cleared he scrambled into bed and was out like a light.

I need to go up soon and try and work out what to do about all these books. Also I did not appreciate little bear's disapproving, 'very messy books, mummy'.

1 comment:

Morgan said...

Storing books is exceptionally tricky for little ones, we found. We used deep plastic boxes so that the books could stand up, with the front of the book facing forward and then the girls could flip through them and recognise the book they wanted by the picture on the front. The books can also be sorted into boxes and LB could just have one box in his room at a time, so that he can have a change round now and again to freshen the stock, so to speak.

Other people may have other ideas to offer but this worked for us!

Hugs. Off to read Ch18 now!