Thursday 29 July 2010

The Eyes have it

Ian - hugs!

The eyes have been getting blurred for about a week or so. It is like they are too tired to focus. I tried popping in to an opticians for an appointment yesterday, but no luck. I shall try again tomorrow. I only want to try an ad hoc, drop in type thing because I can never guarantee to be able to turn up these days. If it isn't one thing it's another. Of course, being only able to see out of one eye to start with does make it more interesting at the opticians, they always get stressed about it.

As an aside - I get three afternoons per week when little bear is at nursery to try and sort out dentists (don't ask!), opticians, doctors, counsellors, etc and so far I cannot remember one week that has gone according to plan lol

I am confident the eye sight is linked to depression - I have had problems with blurred vision before when stressed. Apparently it could be a symptom of ME, but I think I will buy into the ME diagnosis when I see it.

I am struggling to see consistently. Darling father is staying, so running to keep up. Little bear has had a runny bottom. OH has had trouble sleeping so is having a bad time. So no writing and no knitting, my two life savers.

Now, so many people have really serious things wrong with them. I have been doing things like washing up etc without much bother. However, this is my only place to really moan. So I can grumble about mild (vvv mild) sciatica which is still not nice, and the tendonitis, and the sore throat. The blurred vision is worrying me a bit. Also, bit concerned about my mental health.

I should have seen a counsellor for the first time since 5th July on Monday, but little bear had a runny bottom, and I couldn't send him to nursery. My next chance is 16th Aug, and I'm a bit worried. I am seeing a doctor tomorrow. That is, if little bear's bottom holds up!

It's lovely to write a long post. I shall post about the dentist tomorrow if I can.

No comments: