Tuesday 13 July 2010

Timing is everything

I have oodles and oodles to do, so much to get sorted so that darling father can move in, so much I want to get finished. And I am exhausted. The dr has been muttering about ME and it is a convenient hook, but I am just on the floor! I can barely keep going. Yesterday when little bear was at nursery I just about flaked out!

Darn.

I will put up the final bits of the Forgotten Village at the same time as the first bit of the new story (fantasy, swords and sorcery, magic and perhaps even monsters, but the same attitude to good dialogue and good characters, and I hope a better fist at description). So it may be a few days before it gets up. Then I plan to only post up in 5,000 word chunks as the bits I have been putting up seem so bitty. I think the current size tends to be around 2000 words or so. Though suggestions welcome.

The chunks will be a little more spaced out in time anyway, because I am once again having a go at writing a novel for publication. I have one written but I want to re-write it as I am getting better at writing with practice. I can't post that up, as then it definitely would never get published, Publishers only want first rights. So I plan to alternate my daily write between the two, then when the novel is done and dusted, start sending it round to agents.

I have had a quick look into self publication of the Forgotten Village. It is just not financially possible for me, however as long as copyright is respected then I am not going to come round and check to see if you have printed off the story for your own benefit. If you want to, go for it. I am incredibly flattered if you want to.

However I am just so exhausted. The house is a mess, little bear needs more encouragement and darling father has gone home so I need to keep on top of the (tiny) garden or he will be cross that his pride and joy isn't pristine...

And I've ordered more yarn. I think it is the tiredness talking. It's like the Sahara putting in an extra order for sand. I'm not even sure what I want to do with it. Knit it, obviously, but I cannot imagine what the heck I am going to do with it. Add it to the heap that I already have, I guess.

1 comment:

Sue @ Smiffy's Blog said...

Hi there, Your dad is moving in??? Must have missed that one in an earlier post. Hope it's a help for you and not a hindrance. Sue x