Tuesday 6 July 2010

With Apologies

I am being sedated tomorrow at the dentist.

I don't react kindly to sedation. I will be there with darling father, who will somehow get me home in a taxi. I know what I am like when I have been that sedated - open mouth and all sorts of stuff comes out.

I really don't want to say anything controversial to my father. I really don't want to say anything controversial to my father. He's the nicest bloke that ever bought a pint, but as a child I was very much aware that I was out of sight, out of mind.

And I really don't want to start on OH. Not to darling father. They get on really well and I don't want to start any problems.

I suppose my fall back position is her three doors down and that is always good for a laugh. As long as I don't bump into her getting out of the taxi and say something actually to her, like, btw did you know you remind me of butch in the Tom and Jerry cartoons? That would not be helpful.

I have planned to sleep through the day. I do not plan to do any writing under the influence. Anything good written under the influence would probably have been better without it, and my next few paragraphs involve an action sequence. Because I can never remember my right from my left I actually do a little drawing, so I can try and keep it consistent. Without coherent thought, it would be gibberish.

However, I do feel that the last few chapters are in sight. If I re-wrote it for a novel I would probably add other plots and extend the time between incidents, but at the moment I am happy with it. So I am hoping that within the next fortnight The Forgotten Village will be finished, and then I am going to be starting The Bane of the Old Forest, much more fantasy with swords and things.

Can you tell that I am babbling because I am worried about tomorrow.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Good luck! Thinking of you and hoping it goes (went?) well....

Hugs.

Ian said...

Hope it went well and nothing slipped betwixt anaesthetic and lip?

I wouldn't worry about saying anything that would actually shock DF. He was in the army and been on several sports teams. I'm not sure there's much that would actually shock him. However, you are the apple of his eye.

We had a very darling, prim and proper read-the-Bible-every-day Aunt who lived to be a very old age. However, when she was in the nursing home she'd be absolutely fine until they washed her hair. She hated getting her hair wet. Apparently she came out with language even I don't care to repeat! Where she got it from I don't know. Mind you, her father was a sailor ...