Wednesday 21 July 2010

Mr Sainsbury

I had a delivery this morning. Normally my delivery comes during the afternoon, when little bear is safely at nursery. However today I was supposed to be meeting someone in the afternoon (which fell through)so I had a delivery supervised by little bear.

It was not too bad, actually, little bear was a cheeky chappy, and was trying to play pitch and toss with a bottle of fizzy pop, bashing the onions about, the sort of thing you would expect, and in the confusion a bag of frozen was missed.

I was too busy to notice, but the nice driver kindly rang me and said he would drop it off in the afternoon. At least I think it was in the afternoon - the mobile was going off at the same time and little bear was trying to answer it. I confirmed when I would be dropping little bear off at nursery and expected the delivery of the one remaining bag of frozen later.

Then no delivery. So I rang to get an estimated time of arrival. They were very apologetic and mentioned that the driver said he would do the drop in the evening, and he should be there between six and eight pm.

I actually said that on the whole I am satisfied with the service from Mr S. I get great products, usually on time, the drivers are very helpful and I appreciate it. They are usually really nice, and sometimes are the only adults I ever see, and they humour me, and they carry things I can't and are really nice. I didn't want them to think that I was being awkward.

The driver dropped the frozen with Nice Next Door. Around 5.45.

But they left a £10 voucher. I didn't really expect it. There had been a mix up, they had done everything that they could to put it right. I was very happy (if a bit rushed!). I shall use it for a treat. And I do feel it is a bonus, not something I somehow deserved because there was a little problem.

So on the strength of the excellent way that they dealt with a very minor mix up I would like to recommend Sainsbury deliveries.

No comments: