Monday 2 August 2010

Dentist

Where to start...

I am not good at the dentist, and it has always been the dentist that has insisted on sedation. I don't know much about teeth, anyway, and I am not entirely comfortable with the dentist in one way. He never says anything. The procedure is that he looks in my mouth, I wait in another room and then the dental nurse tells me what is going to happen. I am frequently baffled.

The last sedation I woke up with a sort of spike in my mouth, apparently they didn't bother with a temporary crown. I had no explanation or instructions. Then I was told that I had to go back on a particular day. So darling father rearranged his social life, I booked little bear in for a full day at nursery, and we travelled for an hour on the bus to get to the dentist.

Who said, sorry, we can't do anything because you haven't been to the lab. 'What lab?' I asked. 'You were told about it.' 'No I wasn't.' 'Then the person who you were with was told.' 'No they weren't'.

It seems that due to holidays and people not being entirely sure of what was going on, no-one told me about going to a dental lab in a not posh area, to get my teeth matched. I was told to take a taxi there, it wouldn't cost too much. They did apologise.

I would be far more calm about the whole dratted thing if someone had not called me up the evening before to confirm I was still coming, and that everything was alright. Surely they must have had some sort of clue that there was something else to be done? Or am I just expecting too much?

So the whole social life/day at nursery/messing around has to happen again! And I will have been around a month with a spike in my mouth instead of a tooth because I have to wait until everything is aligned again to have the dratted procedure.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

He sounds like a terribly unfriendly and uncommunicative dentist - wish you lived in this area as we have a wonderful chap!

Hope you get the rest of the treatment sorted out soon.

Hugs

Morgan

Wannabe Sybil said...

Thank you for much needed hugs. I can't wait til I look less like a cannibal queen! Then changing dentist - asap! WS x