Wednesday 11 August 2010

More changes in the street

Due to Her Three Doors Down getting upset at Nice Mr Next Door and calling every official body she can possibly manage to make things difficult... and then not understanding why he is upset...

Our street looks a lot less like a scrapyard. I think Nice Mr Next Door is only currently working on two, which are more or less outside his house. And today the council workmen turned up around 8am to tow away the caravan (no notice). So we have no cars or vans across the road. Bless them, the workmen did let him empty the thing (his yard is full)and cleared away some of the rubbish which had piled up behind it.

They had to do this because the daughter of Her Three Doors Down had climbed the fence, fallen and hurt her hand and so the fence needs to be replaced... Poor kid, it looks really bad and she is only around 8 or 9.

That is another thing that I am dreading tomorrow. I am tired, I have been to the dentists successfully today, but I know that tomorrow I will feel crotchety and uncomfortable. However the little lads from next door but one (aged 6 and 3) will constantly be knocking for little bear to play out with them. So I will be sitting on the step, trying to not get too stressed when they trash the toys he is usually so careful with and generally cause havoc. The eldest in particular is polite, but the youngest can be, well, a bit rough and tumble. I know I won't have the energy to play with them, that I won't be able to get stuff done that I want to get done, because I will be sitting outside watching the kids. Which I wish was more general. And the main attraction, I suspect, is little bear's toys. I keep a box of the more robust and expendable ones to take out to play with.

As little bear is not yet four, I insist that he stays in the garden - the cars can race round here scarily fast, but not often enough to make him wary of the road. So at some point little bear will have his three warnings and then be dragged inside, screaming. And if I want him to have a nap tomorrow afternoon (he is still full of cold and was shattered this morning) then I need to hope that two things do not happen. That the kids from next door do not knock on the door and ring the bell every five minutes and that they do not stand in the street screaming his name...

And I wish that the kids from next door but one were watched just a little closer, as in another mum outside, and that they didn't run all over the road, because guess what little bear thinks is a good idea...

And I wish I wasn't such a sourpuss mum.

No comments: