Sunday 8 August 2010

More yarn

I have just seen OH off for a trip to the tip. We have been going through some things in the junk room, with a view to making room for me in there. It is a distant dream at the moment.

And I have found yarn - oh dear I have found lots of yarn! Lots and lots and lots - and it is all stuff I can think, yes, I can do this, or yes, I can do that...

Ooops.

A few days ago I put a bet on ebay, or at least that is how I saw it. There was no photo, but it said a bin bag full of wool. So, as the starting and postage was within my betting range I bid the minimum. Yesterday it arrived - a bin bag crammed with odd balls, ideal for a lot of things, including around 300g of fluffy pink angora which I can think of uses straight away.

One or two things I may donate or even sell. There was some 1oz hanks of fingering wool that I am tempted to donate to a museum, they must be thirty years old! And there are lots of bits and bobs that I am sure that nursery can use.

It was actually quite sad, because I could tell a little about the lady (or gentleman) in question. There were lots of oddments of white, for baby clothes. There were some yellows and creams, I guess for the same. There were oddments of pink and purple, for the lady or her friends, and there were balls of blue and grey, from knitting for the boys. Many of the labels were old, and I recognised them from my grandmother's favourites. There were none of the weird stuff that I enjoy, it was all very straight forward yarn. There was even a tiny scrap of black fun fur - to make noses for knitted toys.

I intend to knit at least one hour a day, because my name is Wannabe Sybil and I am addicted to yarn...

2 comments:

Hard up Hester said...

I love the insights we get when we receive this sort of thing

Wannabe Sybil said...

It was fascinating - you could almost see the resigned sigh of the young lad as he got another sweater... WS x