Friday 6 August 2010

Proud mother

Little bear woke me up this morning shouting '10 plus 10 equal twenty!' I was very dopey but I managed a fairly enthusiastic 'well done!' I am desperately proud, it will be six months before he is four.

Of course, he followed it up saying that six plus six was seven, which wasn't quite right, so I am not getting too carried away. Just desperately, honestly proud of him.

He is currently very concerned with giants, after watching Playhouse Disney where Willy the Giant lives on a cloud on top of a beanstalk. He very seriously told us that all the giants lived on all the clouds, and they were hiding. I reassured him that the giants will not come here because of the dragon under the steps (where does he get his imagination from? Must be his father). However he is stomping around quoting the latest ladybird Jack and the Beanstalk shouting, 'Fee, Fie, Foe, Fum, watch out everyone, here I come!'

As I went upstairs last night to join him and OH, I said, 'Fee, Fie, Foe, Fum, watch out everyone, here comes Mum! Where's little bear?'
'I here, under mine hat.' is the direct quote. And he was. The gladiator helmet OH got him from the Armouries at Leeds is a bit big for him so he sort of hangs under it.

No comments: