Tuesday 24 August 2010

Shopping!

I have been doing some research for little bear's autumn/winter wardrobe. In spring I spent £50 at George and got stacks and stacks of clothes for him. So I thought I would start browsing and get an idea of where to go next.

Hmm. George did not look so promising, but it is still August. Tesco did look v disappointing (can you tell I was targeting cheap shops through Quidco?). Out of curiousity, I checked Matalan. I can see Matalan from where I am sitting typing this. However, 5% cashback, free delivery if I spend over £50, and the chance of actually getting the goodies as the different stuff seems to fly through Matalan and they never get it again...

On the other hand, I am seriously considering what we actually need. OH had a £50 Next voucher as part of his Christmas bonus, so that was a fabulous winter coat and seven t-shirts. Plenty of sweaters still fit him. He does not need socks - at all - ever. Not only is there a minor sock mountain of current ones, but I bought some of the next size up for him. They would swamp him at the moment, but I can see the day when I am glad I bought black socks, 9-12 boys size in bulk, for when the holes start appearing. The odd ones will match up. He has plenty of jeans and some of them are a little long on him.

Actually, the only things we are likely to need before Christmas are pyjamas, and I can probably eke those out as well.

Sigh, money saved, shopping opportunity lost.

No comments: