Friday 13 August 2010

I need to buy shoes

When darling father visits, we get to watch Liverpool FC channel, which can be really good and very interesting to a die hard fan. One presenter is a lady, who is incredibly knowledgeable, professional and capable. It's just her dress sense. You expect females involved in a football club to have a bit of WAG about them. This lady, who doesn't look much older than twenty five, just has her own style.

Actually last night I was envying her shoes. They are not the killer heels you usually see celebrities in, but nice heels, a lace up front, lovely and smart. I was racking my brains to think where I had seen them, and I knew I had, just not where...

They were from Matalan, I believe, and good for her. The money that is spent sometimes on clothes and shoes is, to me, quite honestly an obscenity. It just seems odd to see someone on television wearing things from Matalan. And because she is on television is no reason for me to expect that she should be wearing all the designer stuff. It does lead me to wonder where she got that rather nice top and whether I could get one for me...

No comments: