Sunday 15 August 2010

Darling Father works too hard

Darling father has felt the need to Do Things, so yesterday he cleaned out the Dragons Den (the cupboard under the front steps where the dragon is supposed to live) and today he painted it.

And he was so exhausted that he barely had the strength to watch the Liverpool game. He was looking at his watch at 7.30 tonight, to see if it was nearly bedtime. I am a bit worried, because I have not yet found any way of getting him to slow down, darn it, but as a nearly octogenarian he can't do what he did a few years ago.

I am really grateful for all he has done, but I worry. And I can't always get to things before he does, to save him a job, as little bear has need of me, and besides, darling father likes to be Doing.

He has even been going easy on the whisky!

No comments: