Wednesday 25 August 2010

Spider's brother

It was OH's turn to sleep on the sofa.

I followed evil cat's suddenly interested gaze, and yes, another absolutely huge spider is strolling casually along the wall. It was large. It was larger than an average mouse. It didn't have bovver boots on, but could have got a pair in her size.

'I'm not sleeping with that in the room.' OH says firmly. Dr Who and the Planet of the Spiders really does have a lot to answer for.
So I took a deep breath and took little bear's paper bag puppet of a giraffe and sort of scooped the huge thing inside it and started taking it briskly towards the door. Except it ran out of the bag and over the outside.

I wasn't brave. I gave a sort of muffled shriek (little bear was asleep at the time) and flung the bag, complete with spider hanging on the outside, into the porch and locked the door. The only reason I didn't lean with my back against the door panting was because I was scared of hearing a knock.

I am now waiting for number three.

1 comment:

Witch Hazel said...

Well done Syb, better than squahing it in the plughole. It'll get easier the more you do it. Hxx