Tuesday 3 July 2012

Compulsory clutterbust

Nice next door neighbour is getting the shared skip on Thursday. 

I really need to sort a load of stuff out so that it can fit in the skip.

I feel like nothing on earth with a minor cold - I had ice cream for breakfast because my throat hurt.  (The cold is very minor, and I am not enthusiastic about doing anything, but really, I am ashamed of how unenthusiastic I am over a sore throat and sniffle)

I want to sleep on a bed.  This means clearing the junk room.  I think little bear is now old enough to be trusted (more or less) though I am considering a monitor between the kitchen and my room, just in case.  And even if I don't immediately sleep there, I could do with clearing it out while there is a skip. 

I think I need to do some serious planning. I think I need to take emergency quantities of vitamin C. 

On the bright side, I managed to get rid of two stained duvets and a mattress today.  The mattress is ready for the skip and the duvets are being used by Nice Mr Next Door for mechanic related activities.  I didn't ask.   

Not so bright side - the junk room is full of my crafting stuff.  I am not going to be able to part with a lot of it.  Still, I need a bit of a challenge, and it will be good cardio exercise.   There are two steep sets of stairs between the front door and the junk room, and I can't hoick stuff out of the window (which I can't currently reach) as it overlooks a public path.  Also evil cat enjoys playing 'dare!' on the stairs.  She dives under feet and twitches her tail under where you foot is about to land on the step.  I am hoping that she can't be bothered with too much messing around and slopes off soon into the job.  Otherwise one of us will be ending up in a plaster cast.

To put this all in context, I have known this skip was likely to arrive any day.  It is hardly a shock. 

No comments: