Friday 13 July 2012

Friday 13th

I love noting dates.  I am looking forward to writing the date on the 20th December this year (20.12.2012).  I like remembering Saints Days (not to celebrate, just for interest) and Trafalgar Day and all those sorts of things.  I very rarely act on them though.  I just think it adds colour to life.

On the other hand, today is Friday the Thirteenth and at the end of the road are lots of signs and hurdles and all the sort of kit that construction workers leave the night before they start work.  I looked at that and thought - Friday 13th and roadworks on our road, the unadopted road with more potholes than a county full of cavers.  The road that taxis refuse to go down.  The road owned by at least four different legal entities.  The road that is quite likely without the water main that they are supposed to be digging up. 

What could possibly go wrong?

No comments: