Tuesday 10 July 2012

Toadstools at the Funeral Parlour

I have spent a lot of the last twenty four hours being ill.  But amidst the self pity I popped to get some sweets for little bear and passed the funeral parlour.

I was a bit disappointed.  The black toadstools had come back and had been growing all around the funeral parlour's lawn but the grass had been mowed and the toadstools all crushed.  I have absolutely no idea what they are, but the idea of black toadstools on the lawn of an undertaker's business made me smile. 

They have also hacked back the wild rose that was growing over the path.  On the bright side it means that it is now possible to walk along there.  However it does mean that we have lost a lot of flowers, and the bush was really hacked back, really butchered.  However I have seen this again and while the pruning does look severe, the plant will bounce back.

On another 'natural' note, I saw some strange bees today.  They were a slightly different colour to our normal bees, more ginger, and they were hovering around our front step.  There were quite a few of them when I came back from retrieving little bear's book bag (long story) but not so many when I came back from getting the sweets.  Please let them not try to nest in the steps.  We have had an ant's nest there before, but while I am all for live and let live, I don't want to be dicing with bee stings every time I went in and out. 

No comments: