Monday 23 July 2012

The Last Day of the School Year

Today was the last day of the school year, and little bear missed it.  He woke me up at 5.30am with a 'Mum, I feel sick...' and it hasn't got much better.  Of course, being little bear he has managed to run a really good temperature, which worries me half to death, especially as he couldn't keep calpol down this morning. 

He is much better now.  And he is feeling pretty smug as when I went to the chemist to get some kaolin for him I dropped into the school to pick up his PE kit, and there was a book for him as an end of year gift.  There were some suggestions for what sort of homework (voluntary) he could do in the holidays.  It was all stuff he had more than mastered by last Christmas, so while I shall try and keep him interested, I shall not be pushing him to write the numbers one to twenty.  We may be considering the times tables - but only if he is up to it. 

I am on here, putting off going to bed.  I put my bedclothes in the blanket chest kindly passed on by darling uncle.  They now smell of mildew.  Actually smell isn't quite the way to put it - I think 'reek' is a better phrase.  However I had a bad night last night as evil cat decided that she was going to try and nudge me out of bed (again) and did a very good job of it. I spent most of the night sort of surfacing, realising what was going on, gently nudging her out of the way and then drifting off.  Then there was an early start, and I really don't like early starts, so I am very tired.  The mildew smell will, I am sure, fade.  I will spray the blanket box with some more stuff.  OH suggested moth balls to hide the smell.  I couldn't think of anything sensible to say to that.

Little bear had a big sleep in the day, then he had a lovely long read after dinner, and he is now asleep on the sofa, so I can hear him easily in the night.  Fingers crossed for a better day tomorrow.

No comments: