Friday 14 June 2013

Bear is getting into the swing

After the early morning revelation that bear needed a sweater, last night he said airily, 'I need to take all blue clothes in for class assembly next week.'
I paused for a moment, this was new to me, and I am usually good at remembering this  "What sort of blue clothes, ones like you wore on Tuesday?'
"Umm, darker I think.' Bear said as he concentrated on his computer game.
"What day do you need this?" I asked.  I then repeated this several times as bear was not paying attention.
"Umm, not sure, perhaps Friday.  You can send it in tomorrow because x has already got her stuff in."
I thought of the mound of ironing to rummage through, the lack of blue clothing in bear's wardrobe (he prefers red) and the general bewilderment of the random day.  "I haven't even washed the stuff you wore on Tuesday.' I said.
"You've got all night." Bear said dismissively, "But I need to take it in tomorrow."

A short call to the school clarified that it was Wednesday and I am not sending stuff in this morning, but I will still need to make enquiries about exactly what is going on.  I am comforted to know that this is a scene that will be echoed all over the country and that I haven't even hit the worst of it yet.

4 comments:

ravylesley said...

Yes my little darlings come home with these last minute missives all the time.Its no wonder my nerves are shot to bits and I need alcohol on a Friday night lol

Lesleyxx

Wannabe Sybil said...

I'm confident that it will not get better lol WS xxx

ravylesley said...

Nope it doesnt get better its just that you get better at panicking in a more productive way lol

Lesleyxx

Wannabe Sybil said...

lol! Actually laughed out loud as I know it is going to be a theme! WS xxx