Wednesday 5 June 2013

What is French for 'bear'?

According to Babelfish the French for bear is l'ours.  Today I get the letter home saying that bear will be taking part in a thingy to do with sport and he is supposed to be part of the French team and please can he dress appropriately.  Fortunately they have qualified this to say that those representing the French should just dress in blue.  Allez les bleus!  Bear has blue clothing.  This is just as well as the thingy is next Tuesday which doesn't allow for ebay (which is my friend)


Perhaps it is just as well.  To say that I didn't want to spend much I managed to have spent plenty so far this month.  There are swimming trunks for bear who wants to go swimming with his friend.  I bought slug death for darling father's garden.  I bought bits and bobs and all sorts of odds and ends and then finished off today by having a haircut.  I badly needed the haircut, as I was looking more and more like a badly trimmed hawthorn hedge and I am no good with my hair.  So that was quite a few pennies at the local salon.  It looks really nice now, the lovely hairdresser took my instructions in her stride, as I told her I didn't know what I wanted but I wanted it shorter.  Bear approved of my hair but decided you could see too much grey and I should go back and get it coloured.  Bear seems to do a lot more fashion than I do.  I told him we were still going to the Doctor Who experience in autumn, we needed to save up and I was staying grey.  He does not approve.  I believe this is normal.

No comments: